Experience and Background
Sabari has extensive experience representing underwriters, issuers, investors and other market participants in capital markets transactions, including Initial Public Offerings, follow-on offerings and secondary offerings by principal stockholders, as well as alternative financing transactions such as Registered Direct Offerings and Private Investments in Public Equity (PIPEs). Sabari also has considerable experience representing clients in private placements of equity, equity-linked and debt securities, including Rule 144A, Regulation D and Regulation S offerings. She has frequently advised clients with respect to cross-border financing transactions for both domestic issuers and foreign issuers located in Canada and other international markets. In addition, Sabari counsels clients on federal and state securities law issues and rules and interpretations of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and various trading markets including the NYSE and NASDAQ.
She also is experienced in securities law compliance and corporate governance matters and advises public companies regarding periodic reporting obligations and other Securities and Exchange Commission related matters.
Representative transactions include:
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. in a $1.56 billion underwritten offering of common stock, preferred stock and warrants under a universal shelf registration statement. Concurrently with the underwritten offering, represented the company in the issuance and sale of an additional $525.0 million of preferred stock and warrants under the universal shelf registration statement to the family of the company’s principal stockholder.
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. in a private placement of Convertible Senior Notes in the amount of $475 million.
- The Chubb Corporation, in an offering of two tranches of Senior Notes valued at $1.2 billion, under a universal shelf registration statement.
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited, a Canadian oil and gas company, in an offering of three tranches of Notes valued at US$800 million under a shelf registration statement for US$3 billion of debt securities, under the Canadian-U.S. Multijurisdictional Disclosure System.
- Canadian Oil Sands in connection with the multiple offerings in the United States under Rule 144A of debt securities.
In addition, Sabari has represented the following underwriters:
- Bank of America Securities LLC, as initial purchaser, in an offering under Rule 144A of two tranches of Senior Convertible Notes valued at $300 million of Integra LifeSciences Corporation.
- A syndicate of underwriters led by Banc of America Securities LLC, BNP Paribas Securities Corp., Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and RBC Capital Markets Corporation, as joint book-running managers in an underwritten offering of US$700 million of Notes of Talisman Energy Inc., a Canadian oil and gas company.
- SG Cowen/Cowen and Company, as underwriter/placement agent in numerous public offerings of securities, as well as PIPEs and private placements.
- Lazard Capital Markets/Lazard Frères & Company, as underwriter/placement agent, in numerous public offerings of securities, as well as PIPEs and private placements.